Creekview Realty was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Flower Mound, TX. John Prell is the broker, and has over 40 years experience over 4 states in various capacities of the real estate business, including investing, hard money lending, residential & commercial construction, renovations, consulting, and brokerage.
The 4 primary motivating factors for John Prell to first obtain his real estate license in Texas:
- The high percentage of real estate investment profits that were going to Realtors.
- Realtors were not willing to provide services on a discount or flat fee basis–like what Creekview Realty does today.
- Frustration with a real estate brokerage system designed (and preserved) to make buyers and sellers dependent on Realtors instead of Realtors providing services consistent with the fees charged. For example, if a broker charges a 6% commission for a $1,000,000 house, is he really doing 10 times as much work than the agent charging a 6% commission for a $100,000 house?
- Great business opportunity that ironically benefits from the majority of traditional Realtors’ unwillingness to discount, which limits the competition for services that Creekview Realty provides.
- Allow buyers and sellers to save substantial amounts of money on real estate commissions.
- Provide service at a level that surpasses what one would expect from a 6% Realtor.
- Help FSBOs (for Sale By Owners) market their properties on MLS, Realtor.com, and hundreds of other websites that display MLS listings.
- Educate home buyers and sellers about the real estate business and empower them to make informed decisions that help them succeed at buying and selling their homes.
- Make real estate services available on an “as needed” or “fee for service” basis instead of the “all or nothing” 6% commission model.
- Fight for consumers by supporting the U.S. Dept of Justice, and fight corruption by Real Estate Associations, MLSs, and state government offices and politicians that are influenced and paid for by real estate trade association lobbyists.
- Help buyers and sellers be less dependent on real estate agents.